Low Temperature Deposition & Plasma Surface Treatments
Thin Films Research Center offers a variety of surface treatments (nitriding, oxidizing, boriding and
carburizing) as well as thin film deposition of metals, ceramics, and other coatings. The laboratory takes
advantage of our internationally-known scientists, advanced facilities and decades of experience in thin
- High Impulse Power Magnetron Sputtering (HiPPMS)
- Magnetron Sputtering Deposition Assisted by Dual-Frequency, (Microwave/Radio-Frequency),
- Magnetron RF, DC Pulse-DC Sputtering
- Inductive RF Plasma
- Plasma Activated Chemical Vapor Deposition (100-450°C), (PACVD)
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Metal-Organic CVD (MOCVD)
- Silicon Oxide – SiO2, Silicon Nitride – Si3N4, Silicon Carbide – SiC, Aluminum Nitride – AlN, Titanium-
- Aluminum Nitride – TiAlN, Titanium Nitride TiN, Boron Carbide –B4C, etc.
- Aluminum, Titanium, Tantalum, Nickel, Gold, etc.
- Pyrolytic Carbon (PyC), Amorphous Carbon (a-C), Diamond-like Carbon (DLC) etc.
- Surface Treatments
- Nitriding: Ti alloys and steels (TiN, FexNy)
- Boriding: Ti, Ti alloys and steels (TiB2, FeB)
- Carburizung: Tantalum (Ta2C-TaC), etc
- Oxidizing: Tantalum (TaOx), Aluminum (Al2O3), Silicon (SiO2), etc